Saturday, July 02, 2005

The perfect summer day

Low humidity, low temperature, clear skies...how perfect! I even had to wear a sweatshirt to pull weeds in the garden this morning.

Thomas is off to camp tomorrow. He'll spend a week and is very excited about it. We got him all packed this afternoon and he spent some time watching the Live 8 concert with his sister. Don't get any ideas about things being too idyllic around here. Although I was able to spin some wool/angora fiber I bought at our local sheep festival ( Jefferson County Sheep Festival), there was the usual dissatisfaction with dinner and the ever present namecalling. We wonder about charging for each name called and at the end of the summer we can send the proceeds to Heifer Project International or another worthy cause. A quarter per name, maybe? This could have many positive effects, one of which might be to slow down the growth of the new puppy fund that Elizabeth is accumulating. Do we really need another chewing and peeing machine? The possibilities are endless.

I look forward to some car knitting time as we drive to camp tomorrow. I really need to finish one of the shawls I've been working on.

No comments: