Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sad Sunday again!

Sadly, it's the Sunday at the end of spring break. I know lots of moms yearn for it to be over, but not this one. We've had some wonderful stay home times and just a few travels to keep things interesting.

I started out by taking a girls only trip to Fultonville, NY to pick up a treasure from an ebay purchase. My friend Tina joined me and we had a great time. It's wonderful to find a person that's easy to travel with. She didn't mind not knowing where we would eat or spend the night or even if we would. Neither of us mind turning around or asking for directions or poking around in random shops striking up conversations with strangers. We came home loaded with nearly free fabric, notions and vintage clothing as well. What fun!

I did spend a moderate amount of time knitting and spinning. I made some progress on projects and yarn which you can see in photos below.

Someone shoot me if I even think about buying another Rambouillet fleece. At least the one I have is a nightmare in terms of dirty ends and it's just too short for me to get excited about combing it. I've been struggling with that to make room for the 2 new fleeces I actually bought from a local person. We went to Alexandria Bay yesterday to buy a Shetland and a Border Leicester fleece from a gentleman recommended by a local shearer that Tom met in his travels. I'm getting drowned in unspun fiber of course, but as long as I can get everything washed before warm weather arrives, I'll be happy. And then there's all that summer spinning to consider.

Time to quit whining, get dinner ready and prepare something fun for my students to do tomorrow. After all, it will be the end of their spring break, too!

No comments: