Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lura fleece after a rotten day

One of my favorite things happened today. I came home to find a new fleece to spin ( packed in a Huggies box. Happily, we don't usually have those around here anymore.) I bought a lovely Jacob fleece from a lady in Oregon - mostly black with some white mixed in.

I'm now debating about how to spin - as variegated or as black and white yarns separately. I've tried to post my picture, but it is saved as a bitmap and Luddite that I am, I can't seem to get Hello to read it. Maybe another day when I'm not fatigued to the point of nausea.

Source of exhaustion? Being sick at heart. Today I learned something I should have known all along: that this leadership group I'm working with at school doesn't share the philosophy we've been working toward for the last 3 years. I'm sorely tempted to close my door, teach my way, and wash my hands of the whole affair. Luckily, it's the last quarter and I can get through 7 more weeks of the nightmare. Thirteen more years of it? That remains to be seen. And I can't rely on a daily fleece on my porch to sustain me!

No comments: