Sunday, November 14, 2004

The much dreaded Sunday evening

It's late and we've only recently returned from a family gathering which turned out much smaller than we supposed it would. Did this help me to get my grades finished? Of course not! But there are some fiber tidbits that need mentioning here that came about as a result of today - all was not lost!

My mom just received her KnitPicks catalog in the mail. Considering the amount I spend on my last order with them, I'd think they'd at least send my catalog before my mother's. Ha! Anyway, it has a bunch of dying projects featured and Mom is interested in trying to dye neutral colored wool. Yippee! I'd like to use her wonderful spring water and check the same process against my softened and chlorined water to test my theory that the reason I don't get vibrant colors is due to the water quality here. Collecting rainwater was such a pain that using Mom's water source seems like a better plan.

Anyway, that will happen after Thanksgiving. On that same weekend there is an open house at a nearby alpaca farm and even the kids are interested in checking that out. It will be a fiber fun weekend!

I've won a small lot of raw wool from ebay and want to go pick it up as the owner runs a fiber shop. And I've asked a farmer to reserve a romney fleece for me. It's an illness. But a welcomed one. Just poking my hand into a basket of fleece, no matter the condition or purpose is so soothing. It's tactile and unleashes the kid in me. I'm just playing with it, but know it can turn into the most amazing things! (With a lot of time and effort.)

A quilt gathering has been planned for the Sunday following Thanksgiving. I'm sure not quilting as much as I was, but I look forward to meeting with the ladies as another form of my fiber fanatacism.

Now to grades!

No comments: