Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another sad Sunday evening

I'll never know how vacations slip by so quickly. And then it's Sunday evening again! I'm scrambling trying to get the laundry caught up, fiber pursuits put away where I can find them when I have a few stolen moments.

And another thing I'll never understand is why my mind registers no fiber progress, when evidence says otherwise. I have photos that show a few things I worked on over Thanksgiving in addition to cooking a gargantuan meal and a few other time eaters. These are good things. Maybe the only things that count are those that are finished. These do tend to be few, but I need to start considering work done progress. Look at these:



Socks from a sock blank that are past the heel area, even if they aren't finished by the end of the month as I had hoped.



A hat/cowl (Gryla's Howl from Berroco - a free pattern!) I'm making for a secret Santa gift. This is handspun from this wonderful bond fleece:



Here it is on the wheel, single ply:













Another few spinning projects:





A white cross fleece I'm handpicking and spinning from the cloud on my antique Canadian production wheel.








A Spunky Eclectic hand dyed roving in the Lame Duck colorway. This is destined to become a pair of socks for my dad.









Another Spunky roving in Rosebud. Luscious and my mom is lusting after it. We'll see!




It's nice to see things lined up here...some progress made. Finishing is nice, but working toward is necessary to get to the finished stage. Must learn this in my heart!

No comments: